Small Business Ideas
grow your own niche market business

a wish is not enough

A dream is like a crow bar, some use it to open things - others drop it on their toes.

helping you develop your niche market business ideas


Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Luring Traffic To Your Web Site - By Surfing

I have used a few traffic exchanges.


I) The best in the past was , a full featured site with lots of extras. The biggest draw back to blog explosion is speed, the load time for new screens frequently takes as long as the viewing time. The viewing time is often short as complex banners load first - delaying your seeing the object page. The big benefit to Blog Explosion is the number of members - you can surf a long time before you get a repeat.


2) The new kid on the block is BlogMad, a site still in Beta testing. Follow the Blog Mad link to get a beta invite, if you have any trouble send me a note - I'll get you an invite. Blog mad is fast, but has limited users so far, you will see a lot of the same blogs. I am using this beta time to bank some surfing credits - after a period of surfing I raise my minimum reserve. Once Blog Mad goes full public I expect to use these credits when there are more surfers - of course that may never happen. It does look good so far. Also folks are sneaking in some adult content even if you choose to have none - this may not be a work or family safe site yet.


3) A site that allows all pages - not just blogs - is:

.

That all types of sites advantage and the ease of building a large bank of credits are its main attributes. Traffic Swarm is clunky, and populated with way too many Ponzi schemes and get rich quick sites. You can choose what to look at - and there are some interesting sites there -
such as mine - but they are not frequent choices. I have built up a store of credits and will probably replenish it when it declines. Just the fact you have a real site will make your links stand out and may make Traffic Swarm a good fit for you.



Overall these traffic exchange sites - Blog Explosion - Blog Mad - Traffic Swarm - are all free except for
your time spent. Most of the traffic benefits may come in your first membership month as there is a core of users that you will reach during that time.


I have tried other traffic swap sites and they did not make the cut.


Of course in a short time you will have your own opinion of these traffic exchange tools.

You can then decide if you want to continue to surf for free traffic.


.

10 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, you´ve got an interesting blog!

i have a site LEADING EDGE MONEY SYSTEMS that has marketing related information. why don´t you take a look at it :-)

http://geocities.com/web234deals

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger emma and me said...

I find that traffic exchanges don't work, especially for your purpose - google adsense postings. Everyone on the exchanges are after the same purposes, free credits, it's not very practical. If you want people to see your blog, you have to post thoughtful comments on others' blogs, but do you have the time to do that?

Check out http://buyagroupie.blogspot.com. It does the work for you in an authentic way. Your "groupie" posts personalized comments for you for a small fee. For example 100 comments on 100 unique blog sites costs $10.00. That could potentially be thousands of visits due to the cascading effect.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger BFuniv said...

Anon,

That is close to spam - but since your site doesn't load to check - I think I'll leave it for now.

Alana,

I agree in part - you burn through the regulars of a blog exchange rather quickly.

If anon above is a sample of a comment groupie - I don't think they would help much either - more likely to inspire anger.

I do leave a lot of comments on other blogs - it is a source of traffic - but mainly it is to sincerely communicate with the writer.

The best traffic effect I have found is with articles and press releases. I have used those for my other blogs - not this one; This one is an orphan. ;>}

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alana,

One other comment - my best source of traffic at all of my blogs has been links provided by other blog sites.

Most of the early links came from traffic exchange members that enjoyed or were repulsed by my content.

Content is king.

Allan

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the traffic thingy that is blogmad. That's how I found your site. I'm commenting now b/c of it. Will I add you as a favorite or come back and read you over and over? I dunno. :( But, you at least had a post that made me comment!

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie,

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for commenting.

That favorite link would be cool, but it is fine just to look also.

Enjoy

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger emma and me said...

Allan,

Link backs are great for traffic. By linking with a PR 1-5 website, you can literally jump to the top of the search engine in 24 hours. At least, this is what I have been taught. Mind you, it can be very hard to get a link from these sites. You would have to have great content and ask very politely :)

On another note, Traffic Swarm did not work for me, as I could not count on consistant traffic. It was one here and a whole bunch there....very unpredictable.

Also, whomever the first anonymous poster was, it wasn't the site I referred to. I own that site, and when I post, I leave comments like this one, very lengthy and personal. The funny thing is my groupie site was spammed by the same person.

But, even the groupie service I offer is a temporary patch for bloggers. Posting comments on others' site will give you a temporary elevation of traffic, but it will fade if your content is not up to par.

By the way, my previous posting wasn't meant as an advertising, I actually think it can help beginners :)

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alana,

Thanks for returning.

Your information is appreciated.

If my content is not up to par - and it may not be - then I have missed the boat entirely.

For my own use, I've almost dropped blog explosion, I'm still puttering with BlogMad as it grows, and I've spent the short time to keep a positive balance on Traffic swarm.

Traffic swarm traffic seems of better quality, for me.

By next month I should have a better read on the last two.

Best

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BlogMad's vision is to help the bloggers.
Sure some people don't like the idea of swapping traffic but just being listed with blogmad is going to get your blog onto search engines.

How?

well if you understand how Google's PR works:

Your blog's PR is an indication of how often the spiders will return to your site to crawl any new content.

When a spider hits your site, it travels (these change from spider to spider) 3 links down
when it returns it goes to the pages it found and goes 3 down again etc.

meaning that they "follow" links.

now http://www.blogmad.net/directory.php is the entrance page to the directories on blogmad. It has a PR of 6 which isn't fantastic however its awesome for a month site.

Google's bot will return often to this page seeking new links to find and index content

so just by being a memeber of blogmad, you score.

Thanks for using our service.

regards

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

Thanks for the insight.

Directories are important in improving traffic also, I should have mentioned that.

PR6 is a nice level, for those of you that don't follow PR it is like earth quake numbers - a huge difference exists between 4 and 5 or between 5 and 6.

Paul has done well to build a valuable service in a short time.

Blogmad is now public beta - the link in the main content is worth clicking - the service worth exploring.

And as Paul pointed out, the directory listing alone has value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

money making online business ideas